Thursday, December 29, 2011

30 Days - We're All Connected...

...through love.

Yesterday, my friend died. It only takes one honest conversation for me to consider you my friend. Anyone I don't know is an acquaintance. Any one who shares a piece of himself is a friend.

It was unexpected. He was young. I was asked if I had a "poetic" way to look at it...

So meet Mr. L ...

Mr. L has a heart for poetry. He is someone who inspired me to start sharing my writing, to start honestly opening up more. He's a helper. He's a mentor. He's human.

Out of love, he writes. Out of love, he shares. Out of love, he cares.
And out of love, he left.

This affected me. We all have the ability to make an impact on each other, directly and indirectly.

Sometimes, when things affect us, we're happy, we're sad, we're hurt, we're glad.

I don't know the way that God works.
But I know he does.
I know it does.

It's cliché to talk about windows and doors.
Perhaps instead, we need to get away from these walls, and take a step outside.
Isn't that what windows and doors are meant to expose us to anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment