Sunday, January 1, 2012

27 Days - I'm Perfectly Imperfect...

Well, I deviated from goal #2...

I could give reasons, explanations, excuses, etc - it's all irrelevant.

The beauty of being human is imperfection.

Honestly, that's a concept I've struggled with a lot in my life. I've always seemed to hold myself up to standards that I put upon myself. Standards that set myself up to fail.

That is not freedom.

I have learned a lot from this experience, however. I think any 'failure' that entails a lesson is simply a success. Life can simply entail only successes if we are constantly learning... Isn't that beautiful?

What I learned is that... Sometimes we do things unthinkingly. Not that everything requires deep thought, but there is no reason for us to feel bad about ourselves or our choices.... yet we unthinkingly make choices that end up hurting us.

The act of unthinkingly hurting myself is something I will deviate from.





No comments:

Post a Comment