Friday, January 13, 2012

15 Days - Who Do You Stand For?...

After getting thoroughly involved with the Mission, I would spend pretty much all of my "free time" doing whatever was needed or wanted. I was constantly asked: Why? ...it was my joy.

It's easy to do things that bring you joy. I saw it as selfishly unselfish.

Due to circumstance and the regulations of the shelter I was working with, I was respectfully asked to limit my volunteering to the GED class. Saddened, I understood.

This opened up much time for other things to occupy my time.

I am one who believes all things work for good.

All I know is that life will always throw in the unexpected at times when we get comfortable, good or bad - thats my experience, at least.

To be truthful, this particular change really made me question everything I was even doing - if any of it was even worth it - if anything even mattered. To be honest, I don't have answers for those questions... But what I do have is choice.

When I am knocked down I can choose to sit and rest - I can choose to get back up and keep walking. Sometimes, it takes a bit of rest to muster the strength to stand strongly again, and I think that's okay. Standing weakly will only knock you down again.

Do not get discouraged.
Rest in night.
Stand strong in faith.
Walk in light.
Fight the good fight.


No comments:

Post a Comment