Saturday, January 28, 2012

Today... I Run.

My heart has been burdened...

I am in tears thinking of how organizations have failed people. The problem with an organization is the notion of standards... rules... regulations... uniformity... protocols. There lacks space for questions. There lacks space for exceptions. There lacks space for grace.

I have struggled so much with this journey, because I've watched these organizations fail people. I've seen and hurt for people who've been let down by organizations. I've seen organizations who have failed to love.

Today, I am not running for an organization... I am running for freedom - freedom to love and to be loved. For these men, I love.

August 20, 2011
      "Tomorrow I am going to baptisms... My Atlanta Mission men - my dear friends... These men have soul... I am so excited for them tomorrow. God is working for me - through me..."

I have hope that there's a plan         
greater than I can see.          
I have hope that there's love            
where I can be all of me.        
I have hope for my life                   
that I can give and still receive.
I have hope in You                        
that all I do is for Thee.          

I have hope.


"A Christian group shows up to a Chicago Gay Pride parade holding apologetic signs including 'I'm sorry for how the church treated you'."
(http://imgur.com/bVD9p)


"Dear friends,
let us love one another,
for love comes from God.
Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
Whoever does not love
does not know God,
because God is love...

...This is love:
not that we loved God,
but that he loved us
and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

Dear friends,
since God so loved us,
we also ought to love
one another...

...There is no fear in love.
But perfect love drives out fear,
because fear has to do with punishment...

We love
because he first loved us."
- 1 John 4

No comments:

Post a Comment