Friday, January 20, 2012

8 Days - Forget Me Nots...

Have you ever taken on too much? Have you ever felt the desire to 'fix' something? Have you ever strived for perfection?

... I'll be honest, I'm the queen of these things. I am not successful at my notion of what perfection should look like... That leaves me discouraged... Ashamed...and I want to hide, so no one sees how imperfect and flawed I am.

Where have I been? I've been hiding - in shame, in discouragement. Trying to run, but eh...

The beauty of my God is I AM free... Free to be my flawed, imperfect self in my own eyes... Because in my God's eyes, I am already perfect. He looks at me, and he loves... When I hate myself, he cries... When I struggle, he guides... He allows me to be free to grow, to change, to choose... And whenever I decide to give up the struggle within myself, grace overflows loving joy!

Ah if only my heart displayed colors... You'd see the deep sweltering love that has been stored up in me.

Have you ever seen a little child struggle with a task you know you could do with ease? Opening a bag, a can? Struggling to reach for something? Tying a shoe? ... What do you do but have a little giggle at his every attempt?

Have you ever seen the parent of a teen or college kid cry? Her heart breaking and aching as she watched every self-destructive decision her baby was making?

As we watch, we wait... We wait for them to just turn around, look at us, and ask, "Will you help me?"

Last night, someone shared a passage with me... On gratitude...

If for EVERYTHING, we are thankful... In every rain drop, every storm, every struggle, every tree, every sky, every dream...

If we live in gratitude for everything, joy we will find.


I will live today in gratitude...
For everything, I will be thankful
For a joyful heart is a thankful heart
For a thankful heart is a joyful heart





No comments:

Post a Comment